The PiXCL office and development lab are located in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada. We are interested in contacting persons with knowledge and experience of any of the following:
- Embedded C code firmware on ARM Cortex-M3/M4/M7 touch screen devices, using gcc or STM32CubeMX.
- Any experience with the RaspberryPie 2 or 3. We are developing support code and planning apps using the Windows 10 and Raspbian.
- C / C++ / C#, Visual Studio, Win32 API, Windows 10
- Imaging and image and video processing using USB and Firewire cameras.
- Development of web apps and network programming.
- Software integration of sensors (pressure, temperature, humidity, light level, colour).
- Any background in developing test and measurement or scientific laboratory equipment.
- Using C# to create device libraries and application sample code. We don’t use Java at present, but expect to do some in future as we add Android support.
- Knowledge of Android 4.0 and later. App design concepts is important, and so is some understanding of USB device access. We need to create some simple test apps that demonstrate our USB hardware on Android.
- Knowing how to safely handle hardware, read schematics and use an oscilloscope.
If you are currently an unemployed or under-employed professional Software Developer or Technologist (including recent Graduates, immigrants and 50+ persons) and have a background relevent to some or even all of the list above, or you want to move into the embedded software industry, we should at least talk about mutual interests and possible collaboration.
If you have recent experience in technology Marketing esspecially
- running Social Media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter and similar).
- contacting technology publications and bloggers with press releases.
- creating and running a crowd funding campaign.
- product literature and website content development.
- creation of short video presentations.
we would appreciate seeing your portfolio and having a chat.
French is not required, nor is a valid security clearance. We do require business and technical competency in English if your native language is something else.
Far too many company websites state “…only qualified candidates will be contacted”, and your communication disappears into a black hole. That does not happen at PiXCL! Everyone who responds will receive the courtesy of a personal reply, even if this is a “thanks, but no thanks”.
We don’t expect people to have experience in all of the above, but more is always better.
Start-up company workers have to be flexible and ready to learn new technologies, often a major attraction for many. We do try to avoid rapidly changing priorities and product feature creep by focusing on our primary goal: creating the products our market demands. We strive to provide the best Technical Support possible. It also means that financial rewards for everyone including the founders are minimal to start.
PiXCL is located in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.
Personnel placement agencies please note:
We do not require third party assistance in hiring, unless we have executed a specific written contract with your organisation requesting such assistance.
Copyright © 2016-2018 PiXCL Automation Technologies Inc., Canada. All Rights Reserved.