PiXCL is a start-up company, with our office and development lab located in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada. We are working with embedded systems, USB, FreeRTOS, RasberryPi and Android, so there there’s lots of new stuff for you to learn and gain expertise.
If you are currently an unemployed or under-employed professional Software Developer or Technologist (including recent Graduates, immigrants and 50+ persons) and have a background relevent to some or even all of the list below, or you want to move into the embedded software industry, we should at least talk about mutual interests and possible collaboration.
We don’t expect you to have experience in all of these, but more is always better.
- Embedded C code firmware on ARM Cortex-M3/M4/M7 touch screen devices, using STM32CubeMX and the latest TrueStudio 9.
- Any experience with the RaspberryPi and linux based systems. We are developing support code and planning apps using Windows 10 and Raspbian.
- Software integration of sensors (such as pressure, temperature, humidity, light level, colour).
- Any background in developing test and measurement or scientific laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of Android 4.0 and later. App design concepts are important, and so is some understanding of USB device access. We need to create some simple test apps that demonstrate our USB hardware on Android.
- Development of mobile apps and network programming.
- Imaging and image and video processing using USB and Firewire cameras.
- C / C++ / C#, Visual Studio, Win32 API, Windows 10
- Knowing how to safely handle hardware, read schematics and use an oscilloscope.
If you have recent experience in technology Marketing esspecially
- running Social Media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter and similar).
- contacting technology publications and bloggers with press releases.
- creating and running a crowd funding campaign.
- product literature and website content development.
- creation of short video presentations.
we would appreciate seeing your portfolio and having a chat.
French is not required, nor is a valid security clearance. We do require business and technical competency (which may be somewhat less than social fluency) in English if your native language is something else.
Far too many company websites state “…only qualified candidates will be contacted”, and your communication disappears into a black hole. That does not happen at PiXCL! Everyone who responds will receive the courtesy of a personal reply, even if this is a “thanks, but no thanks”.
Contact us today with a brief description (a full resume can wait) of your relevent background, why working with PiXCL sounds interesting, and of course your contact details.
Start-up company workers have to be flexible and ready to learn and apply new technologies, often a major attraction for many. We do try to avoid rapidly changing priorities and product feature creep by focusing on our primary goal: creating the products our market demands. We strive to provide the best Technical Support possible. It also means that financial rewards for everyone including the founders are minimal to start.
PiXCL is located in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.
If you read down to this point, you might be interested in our Developer Program.
Personnel placement agencies please note:
We do not require third party assistance in hiring, unless we have executed a specific written contract with your organisation requesting such assistance.
Copyright © 2018 PiXCL Automation Technologies Inc., Canada. All Rights Reserved.