Preliminary information subject to change.
Does your LAN project require a USB control module to handle multiple digital inputs (switches and device binary states), digital outputs (binary controls and status LEDs) and analog inputs? The IOC-M-411 with 10Net support is ideal for this, as it can operate as a sensor and control node on your LAN. The board is a USB Human Interface Device that works with the standard Windows driver. This means that all your controls and sensors setup is handled at the app level. As with all other Decaf boards, it can be also run as a USB device on a local PC app written in PiXCL 20 or other language.
The 10Net Ethernet PHY is configured using PiXCL 20 USB commands to set the IPv4 address (e.g. 192.168.0.120), unique MAC address and the default server page code.
The IOC-M-411 module is 53x21mm, integrated with a connector board and the 10Net Ethernet PHY. See a Decaf Ethernet Application Note.
The Decaf IOC-M-411 package includes
- the 96 MHz Cortex-M4 controller board with firmware already installed, plus USB cable.
- Virtual COM port usb cable (Red/Green/White/Black = 5V/GND/Tx/Rx)
- PiXCL 20 for app creation (Windows 10), via download.
The controller board firmware provides your board with support for:
- 4 digital outputs (active H) i.e. equivalent to turning a switch ON.
- 3 digital control outputs (active L) i.e. for devices with CS (ChipSelect) L requirements.
- 7 digital inputs (active L) i.e. when a switch or equivalent is ON.
- 4 analog inputs (0-3v3) for your sensors.
- SPI devices with NSS and external CS pins. This allows multiple SPI devices to be part of your project. A jumper selects the control output CS that is available on the SPI connector.
- COM port output (virtual COM port cable included)
- Real Time Clock (RTC) e.g. for time stamping data events. An external VBAT (3v3 such as a button battery) can be supplied to keep the RTC running if needed.
These controls are usually enough to get a small sensor set running. Sensors can be powered by 5V or 3V3, while the micro-controller runs on 3V3, derived on-board from the USB 5V supply.
Should the need arise, firmware upgrades via DFU mode: no additional hardware is required. New firmware is downloaded from the PiXCL Support Pages.
Product Package includes
- fully assembled and tested mpu and I/O board
- USB cable
Resources (download from Support Pages)
- PiXCL 20 ISC development kit and app builder
- Firmware upgrades and DFU loader utilities
- PiXCL Decaf SDK
- Developer Program
We also offer a custom sensor development service. This can be as simple or as complex as
- designing a full custom sensor pcb
- arranging manufacture.
- updating the firmware to add sensor specific support
Contact us today with your requirements, and we’ll see what we can do. Our rates are affordable.
Copyright © 2020-2022 PiXCL Automation Technologies Inc., Canada. All Rights Reserved.